One of my goals is to find ways to bring people's attention to old posts that are still useful/relevant. I'm also working on ways to share resources in one easy place. I have a "Suggested Books" page, but I'm a visual person so I prefer to see the book covers. Enter Pinterest. It seems to be the perfect option for this.
Here's a summary of my current Pinterest Boards:
- Favorite Picture Book Biographies is my newest board. So far I have 23 pins and a huge list of new books I'll be reviewing in the coming weeks. Watch for additions. Note: There are several subjects who are the focus of multiple books (e.g Jacques Cousteau, Georgia O'Keefe, Wangari Maathi). These offer great opportunities for paired book readings.
- Favorite Recipes highlights posts on my blog that featured recipes.
- Favorite Nature Photos showcases a variety of photos I love. You might use them as inspiration for writing projects with your children/students.
- Popular Nature Related Posts lists the most popular nature posts in my archives.
- Favorite Illustrators is a shout out to some of the children's book illustrators who inspire me.
- Favorite Adult Books is one of my early boards. I plan to add to this one soon.